Cantonese ChickenCantonese chicken is an easy and super yummy traditional Chinese dish. I went to a restaurant called "Krystal Chopstick" a few days ago. I thought of ordering something new and ended up ordering Cantonese chicken. However, I loved the taste of it and had to try it at home. I searched many recipes but I didn't like any of them. So, this is my version of Cantonese chicken which is not very different from the actual recipe.
Hope you like it! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe! Njoy!!)
- Chicken breast - 1(cut lengthwise into 2" chicken strips)
- Onion - 2 (cut into cubes)
- Capsicum - 1
- Ginger - 2"piece(grated)
- Cornflour - 1/2 tbsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Sesame oil - 1/8 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Oyster sauce - 2 tbsp
- White pepper powder - as required
- Salt - to taste
1. Marinate the chicken strips with cornflour, a tbsp of oil to retain the juiciness of the chicken pieces. Set aside for 15-20 mins.2. Add oil in a pan and when it begins to smoke add the ginger and stir for a few seconds. Next add the onions and stir thoroughly.
3. Add the chicken strips and stir well until the chicken starts to cook. When the chicken is cooked, add the oyster sauce, sesame oil, white pepper powder, salt, sugar and capsicum. Toss the pan a few times until nicely mixed. Remove from heat.
4. Serve hot with steamed rice. Garnish with capsicum.