Drums of Heaven & Minty KebabsYesterday, I was quite busy as I had arranged a small dinner party. These were the appetizers that I prepared. With a little cold weather these hot kebabs and drumsticks were a great hit. Everyone enjoyed the snacks. I also prepared Shahi kaju murgh/ Chicken in a rich cashew gravy. I will post the chicken recipe later. Till then enjoy these snacks and have a nice day! The drumsticks are quite easy to make and really yummy. Try them and surely you all would love them a lot.
Drums Of Heaven
- Chicken wings - 12(made into lollipops)
- Soya sauce (dark) - 2 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Chilli paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- A pinch of ajinomoto (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Lemon twists and coriander - to garnish
- Egg - 1
- Maida/all purpose flour - 1 tbsp
- Salt, pepper, ajinomoto and orange red colour- pinch of each
1. Marinate the chicken wings with soya sauce, ginger garlic paste, chilli paste, salt , pepper and ajinomoto for 3-4 hours.
2. Heat oil in a kadhai. Dip the chicken wings in the batter and fry on medium hot oil till golden and crisp.
3. Garnish the serving platter with lemon twists and coriander leaves. Serve hot wings with chilli sauce.
Ingredients: (Pressure cook together)
Mutton mince(keema) - 1/2 kg
Channa dal/Split bengal gram - 1/4 cup (soaked and drained)
Onion -1 (sliced)
Garlic - 10 flakes(chopped)
Ginger -2" piece (chopped)
Coriander seeds - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Cloves - 3/4
Green cardamoms - 2/3
Brown cardamoms - 2/3
Cinnamon 1/2" stick
Bay leaf - 1
Peppercorns - 4/5
Whole red chillies - 2/3(dry)
Salt to taste
Water - 1/2 cup
Minty filling(Mix together)
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
Pudina/Mint leaves - 1tbsp(chopped)
Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp(chopped)
Green chillies - 2 (finely chopped)
1. Wash the mince and drain out the water well through a strainer. Press well to squeeze out all the water.
2. Add all the ingredients to the mince and pressure cook to give 2 whistles. Keep on low flame for 2 mins. Remove from fire.
3. When the pressure drops, uncover the pressure cooker. If there is any water left, keep the cooker on fire to dry the water. ( if the mince is wet, the kebabs will break while frying).
4. Dry grind the well dried minced meat in a mixer without adding any water. (discard the hard residue of the cardamoms and bay leaf)
5. To prepare the kebabs, make 2 tiny balls. Flatten both and sandwich them together with a teaspoon of the filling mixture. Press gently to stick together.
6. Shallow fry in a little oil in a non stick tawa on medium heat, till brown.
7. Serve hot with onion rings, chopped mint or coriander. You can also sprinkle some chat masala.