- Mutton - 500 gms(boneless)
- Lemon juice - 1 big tbsp
- Yoghurt - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Green chilli paste - 1 tsp
- Ginger paste - 2 tsp
- Garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Pistachio paste - 1/2 cup
- White oil - 3 tbsp
- Cinnamon - 1" piece
- Cardamom - 5-6
- Cloves - 4-5
- Boiled onion paste - 1/2 cup
- Fresh cream - 1/4 cup
1. Wash and cut mutton pieces in cubes. Marinate the mutton pieces with yoghurt, lemon juice, salt, ginger, garlic paste and green chilli paste.
2. Slice 1/2 the pistachio in thin pieces and the rest into a thick paste.(Soak pistachio nuts in hot water for 10 mins to remove the peel)
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add cloves and cinnamon(whole). When a nice aroma comes out add the boiled onion paste.
4.When the onion starts changing colour to pinkish, add the marinated mutton and cover and cook on low flame.Keep stirring till oil is seen on the sides.
5.Now add the pistachio paste and cardamom powder.
6.Check if the mutton is tender, once done remove from flame.
7. Garnish with fresh cream on top and serve hot with rice or rotis.