Delicious Jalebi for DiwaliDiwali is mostly known as a festival of lights but can also be told a festival of sweets. No Diwali celebration is complete without jalebis, barfis, laddoos,and a whole lot of other home made sweets.
So, try these jalebis.
- Black gram - 1 cup
- Gobindabhog chawal - 1/4 cup
- Yellow food colour
- Sugar - 4 cups
- A few strands of saffron(soaked in milk)
- Rose essence - 4-6 drops
- Green cardamom powder -1 /4 tsp
- Ghee/Soyabean oil - 2 cups
1. Soak black gram and the chawal for 4-5 hrs. in water. Then grind it into a fine paste.
2. Add yellow colour and 1 cup of water to the paste prepared and make a thick batter so that no lumps are formed.
3. Cover and keep aside for 2 hrs.
4 .Make a sugar syrup and to it add saffron strands soaked in milk, rose essence and green cardamom powder.
5. Heat oil/ghee in a kadhai. Fill the jalebi batter in a piping bag with a single hole or a thick cloth with a small hole in the centre.
6. Press out round whirls of the batter into the hot oil/ ghee.
7. Deep fry the jalebis till golden brown and transfer into the warm sugar syrup for 2-3 mins.
8 Drain it from the syrup and serve hot arranging in a platter.N'joy!