Mutton Dakbungalow- Maha Petpuja
Bengalis's biggest festival, Durgapuja is just a few days left, People are busy in their last min. shopping,some busy in heir beauty regime. Within all these bengali's do not forget their food which plays a very important role. Street food- pani puri, paapri chaat, rolls, chowmein and many others are devoured by people waiting in long queues in this festive season. Monday is Mahalaya- So, you can try out this delicious Bengali dish. For the 1st time forget about calorie-count and just keep feasting! Njoy! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!)
- Mutton (Lamb)- 1 kg.
- Onion- 200 gm. (chopped)
- Ginger paste- 25 gm.
- Garlic paste- 25 gm.
- Tomato- 2 of them-chopped
- Curd/yoghurt-50 gm.
- Cinnamon-2 gm.
- Small elaichi- 8
- Bay leaf (tejpatta)-2
- Mustard oil- 3 tbsp.
- Ghee- 25 gm.
- Turmeric powder-1 tbsp.
- Chilli powder-1 1/2 tbsp.
- Fried eggs-6
- Garam masala- 3 gm.
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped onions and fry till it turns golden brown.
2.Next add the garlic paste and the chopped tomatoes. Stir nicely.
3. After 5 mins. add turmeric and chilli powder. Mix thoroughly and add 1/2 cup water and curd.Mix all the ingredients and stir adding salt and sugar according to taste.
4. After 4-5 mins add the muttonand mix finely. Cover and cook till it is cooked nicely.Pour garam masala and ghee .
5. Add the boiled eggs in the mutton gravy. Delicious mutton dakbungalow is ready to be served.
Tastes best with fragrant pulao or steamed rice.