Chicken Spring Rolls- Not only for the spring season...This is a delicious snack which can be served with tea or with coffee at day time. With a simple dip or sauce it turns the whole mood of the party around. These rolls are really tasty and if you try they are surely going to be a hit! So , Njoy! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!)
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp flour (maida)
- 4 tbsp. cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup water- approx
- 1 chicken breast -boiled and shredded
- 1/2 cup cabbage-finely shredded
- 1/4 grated carrot
- 1/2 capsicum-shredded
- 1 spring onion-finely shredded up to the greens
- 4-5 flakes of garlic-crushed and chopped
- 1 tsp. soya sauce
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Pinch of ajinomoto (Optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
1. Mix egg, cornflour, flour (maida) and salt in a bowl. Pour approx. 1/2 cup water to make a batter. Beat well to get a smooth batter of pouring consistency.
2. Heat a non stick pan. Pour a serving spoon full of batter and roll the pan to get a thin pancake (medium heat). Remove the pancake when cooked. Do not turn.Make more pancakes with the remaining batter (makes 3-4 pancakes). Keep aside.
3. Heat 2 tbsp. of oil in a pan. Add garlic. Stir, add the spring onion, cabbage,carrot,capsicum and chicken. Stir, add salt and pepper, soya sauce and ajinomoto. Remove from heat and cool.
4. Keeping the uncooked side down, place little filling little away from one end on the cooked side. Fold the sides in, roll up neatly enclosing the filling. Seal the edge with leftover batter or egg white. Keep aside.
5. Heat oil (3/4 cup) in a frying pan and deep fry the roll till golden brown and crisp . Cut into 3-4 pieces. Serve hot with a hot garlic dip or ketchup.