Chicken BurritoChicken Burrito is a quick and tasty Mexican recipe. When we were in Houston, Texas we used to order burritos in Mexican restaurants, a thick delicious meat filling wrapped in a yummy flour tortilla with sour cream and salsa. I made this tonight for dinner with this simple ingredients and it turned quite well. So, give it a try!
- Cornflour -1/2 cup
- Maida/ Plain flour - 11/2 cup
- Potato (large) -1 (Boiled and grated)
- Oil - 2tbsp
- Salt - 1/2 tsp
- Boneless chicken - 500 gms(Cut into thin long strips)
- Worcestershire sauce - 2 tbsp
- Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
- Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Red chilli flakes/paste - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Garlic flakes - 6-8 (Chopped)
- Spring onions - 2-3 (Chopped diagonally)
- Capsicum - 1 (Deseeded and sliced)
- Cream - 200 gms (1/2cup)
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Hung curd - 125 gms
- Salt to taste
1. Mix maida/flour, cornflour, grated boiled potato, oil and salt. Add just enough water and knead to a soft dough. Cover and keep aside.
2. Filling: Marinate the chicken with worcestershire sauce, soya sauce, vinegar and chilli paste or flakes for 1/2 hour.
3. Heat oil in a non stick pan. Add garlic, stir. Add the chicken, cook on high heat for 1 min. Reduce heat. Cover and cook till chicken is tender. add the capsicum and spring onion. Stir. Remove from heat.
4. Sour cream: Beat cream still stiff. Beat hung curd till smooth. Add to the cream.Stir in salt and lemon juice.
5. Assemble: Roll out thin 6" - 7" diameter chappati. Cook chappaties on a hot tawa on both sides on medium heat. Keep them warm on a casserole.
6. At Serving Time: Heat 1 tbsp oil on a tawa. Fry the cooked chappaties. Remove from heat. Spread hot chicken filling at one end. Spoon 1 tbsp of sour cream over the filling. Roll the chappati. Serve hot with left over sour cream and salsa.