Microwaved Lemon RiceLemon rice is a South Indian rice recipe with a tangy and delicious taste. Its quite easy to prepare and a very good lunch box recipe. Even when in a hurry you can also make it without much hassle. I take it simply with salads or raita and it tastes awesome. Try it out in microwave and see how easy and tasty it is. N'Joy!!!
- Boiled rice with salt - 1 cup
- Curry leaves - few
- Onion - 1 (sliced)
- Whole red chillies - 3/4
- Green chillies - 3
- Mustard seeds - 1 tbsp
- Gram flour - 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Roasted peanuts - 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 1/4 cup
- Red chilli powder - to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
1 Place oil, curry leaves, whole red chillies, mustard seeds, gram flour in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 3 mins. at 100 % power.
2. Add green chilli, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, sliced onion and microwave for 4 mins. at 100 % power.
3. Mix boiled rice and lemon juice and microwave covered for 5 mins. at 100 % power.
4. Garnish with roasted peanuts and coriander leaves.