Yummy Crunchy ChickenThis is a very crisp fried chicken which is quick and simple to prepare. This simply is a whole meal by itself. Enjoy!
- Chicken(700 -800 gms) - 1 (cut into 4/8 pieces)
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Maida/All purpose flour - 3 tbsp
- Mustard powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Egg whites - 2
- Freshly chopped coriander - 2 tbsp
- Breadcrumbs - 1/2 cup
1. Wash the chicken pieces.Sprinkle salt, pepper and 2 tsp lemon juice.Pressure cook with 1/2 cup water to give 1 whistle. Remove from fire. If chicken is not tender, simmer for 2 mins. and drain. Keep aside.
2. Add pepper, salt, chilli and mustard powder to the maida.
3. Beat egg whites. Add coriander, a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Press the chicken pieces well into the maida to coat.
5. Dip in beaten egg whites and then roll in bread crumbs.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry the chicken on medium heat till golden brown.Drain on paper.
7. Serve hot with boiled vegetables, sauted in a little butter and sprinkled with some sesame seeds.