Date Nut Loaf With Toffee SauceThis recipe is for all who have an extremely sweet tooth. They will, no doubt, crave for this particular toffee-licious desert! After tea when your mood's good just cut a piece of this and you will melt into a heavenly land where you don't want to leave. Its that tasty!! Please, hope you try it!!
2. 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
3. 1/2 tsp. baking powder
4. 85 gm white flour ( 1 cup with 1 tbsp. less)
5. 100 gm sugar
6. 100 gm butter
7. 2 eggs
8. 1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
FOR TOFFEE SAUCE:1. 2 tbsp. butter
2. 2 tbsp. jaggery
3. 2-3 tbsp. fresh cream
1/2 cup roughly chopped almonds
METHOD:1. Chop dates. Soak in 5 tbsp. water and soda. Keep aside for 1/2 hour.
2. Sieve flour & baking powder. Mix in the dates and walnuts.
3. Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy.
4. Add eggs and flour , alternately, beating well. Add the essence.
5. Grease and dust 6-8" loaf tin. Pour the mixture in the prepared tin.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 150 degrees Centigrade for 1 hour. Test by inserting a knife,if it comes out clean the cake is baked. Remove from oven and unmould on a wire rack. Prick the cake slightly for the toffee sauce to seep in.
TOFFEE SAUCE:1. Heat butter in a small thick bottomed sauce pan on medium heat.
2. Add the jaggery. Cook for about 1/2 minute till the mixture is frothy. Remove from heat.
3. Add the cream. Return to low heat.
4. Stir for a few seconds till well blended. Do not bring to a boil. Add the walnuts. Remove from fire and pour over the cake kept in the serving platter. Spread to get an even coating of the sauce.