This is a very easy recipe to make. I came through this again in a Tarla Dalal book which was golden fried baby corn., but I thought of giving it a Indo-Chinese style and so used a few sauces. It turned out to be really tasty. This can be served as a good appetizer. Try it out and don't forget to comment or subscribe.
Babycorn - 250 gms
Capsicum - 1
Onion - 2 (sliced)
Tomato - 1
Ginger garlic paste - 2tsp
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Tomato sauce - 2tsp
Cornflour - 2tsp
Soya sauce - 1 tsp
White oil - 2 tsp
Salt - to taste
1. In a bowl , add cornflour, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder and salt along with the baby corns.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the baby corns til they turn brown .
3. Now add the chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, sliced capsicum and stir fry on high flame for 5 mins.
4. Next add soya sauce, tomato sauce, chilli powder and salt.
5. Stir fry for 2-3 mins and serve hot with salad and tomato ketchup. N'joy!
Corn and cheese - both are our all-time favourite. I read this recipe in a Tarla Dalal book but thought of adding paneer to it and making it a bit different. So I tried it out yesterday with hot tea in the evening when some of my friends came and it tasted really awesome.
Corn Paneer Cheese Balls
Paneer/ cottage cheese- 200gms
Sweet corn -1/2 cup
Boiled potato -1
Onion (chopped) - 2tbsp
Green chilli (chopped) -1 tbsp
Garlic paste- 1tsp
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
Chat masala - 1 tsp
Cheese (grated) -3-4 tbsp
Maida/Plain flour - 1tbsp
Eggs - 2
Breadcrumb - As required
Salt and sugar - To taste
1. Soak sweet corns in luke warm water and crush them.
2. Mash paneer/ cottage cheese and to it add sweet corn, boiled potato, chopped onions, grated cheese, garlic paste, garam masala powder, chat masala, chopped g. chillies salt and sugar and mix nicely.
3. Make small even sized balls out of the mixture.
4.Mix the flour with egg and some water and make a thin paste and dip the corn balls in the paste.
5. Now roll the balls in breadcrumbs so that they coat nicely and chill for 20 mins.
6. Deep fry the balls till they turn golden brown. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.