My laptop was not working and that's why I had to stay away from my lappy for so many days. Today, I am posting "Vegetable Manchurian" which is a delicious and easy Indo-Chinese recipe. They are deep fried vegetable balls dipped in a saucy gravy. Kids usually don't like vegetables but they will enjoy eating this in Chinese style and I'm sure it will be a hit. There are two versions of vegetable manchurian - dry and gravy.
For Vegetable manchurian balls
- Ginger - 2 tsp (crushed)
- Garlic - 1 tsp (crushed)
- Green chillies -2
- Soya sauce - 2 tbsp
- Chilli sauce - 1/2 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup - 2 tbsp
- Cornflour - 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Hot water - 2 cups
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Spring onion - as required
- In a bowl, mix the shredded carrot and cabbage, chopped capsicum, beans, green chillies, 1 tsp oil, pepper powder, salt, maida and cornflour.
- Make small round balls from the mixture.(Do not add water while mixing as water from the veggies are sufficient to bind them).
- Deep fry the veggie balls till golden brown and shift them to a plate with a paper napkin to soak the excess oil.
- Add 1 tsp oil in a pan.To it add minced ginger, garlic, chopped green chillies and spring onion and saute for a minute. Now add the sauces(tomato, soy sauce, chilli) and again saute for a minute.
- Pour 2 cups of hot water, pepper powder, salt and let the mixture boil for a minute.
- Dissolve 2 tbsp of cornflour in 1 cup of water and add to the mixture. Stir the gravy properly and cook on low flame for 1 minute.
- Now add the fried veggie balls and cook on medium heat for 2-3 mins.
- Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped spring onion.
- Serve hot with vegetable fried rice or noodles. Enjoy!!!