Yesterday, 16th June 2013 was Father's Day! My father is a big fan of small fishes cooked in a Bengali style. So yesterday I made 'tangra maacher jhol' for him. That is why, I could not post this delicious Bengali fish curry . I was pretty busy doing preparations, but elated. Hope you try this lovely and quick fish dish. (And don't forget to comment or subscribe! Njoy! )
- Tangra fish - 10
- Onion - 1 (Chopped)
- Tomato - 1 (Chopped)
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 3-4(slitted)
- Kalonjee - 1 tsp
- Salt and sugar- to taste
- Mustard oil - 4 tbsp
- Coriander leaves - (chopped)
- Cut and wash the fishes properly. Rub salt and turmeric powder on the fishes and fry them. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add kalonjee seeds. Now add the chopped onion and ginger garlic paste. Fry till it changes colour.
- Next add turmeric powder, red chilli powder,salt and slit green chillies. Stir continuously till oil separates.
- To the mixture add chopped tomato and sugar and saute for 5 mins. Add a cup of water for the gravy.Stir, cover with a lid and let it cook for 5 more mins.
- Add the fried fishes to the gravy and cook on low flame for 5 mins. Finally add chopped coriander and stir well.
- Serve hot with plain rice and enjoy!