Radhaballavi With Aloor DumSorry folks, I have not been able to write for many days because I was really busy. However, I'm back again and am going to post more regularly. I made these for breakfast today and my daughter just loved it! It tasted awesome. Radhaballavi tastes best with Aloo Dum . You can also use whole baby potatoes instead of cutting it into pieces. Jalebis also go very well with it. So do try out this delicious Bengali sidedish ! Hope you like it! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe! Njoy!)
For the stuffing:
- Chana dal/Bengal gram - 1/2 cup (washed and soaked overnight)
- Ginger - 1/2 "
- Green chilli - 2
- Asafotida/Hing - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry roasted cumin seeds and dry red chilli ground to a powder - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil -
For the outer crust:
- Maida/all purpose flour - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Warm water for kneading
- Oil for frying- 2 cups
- In a grinder, make a paste of the overnight soaked chana dal with ginger and green chilli.
- In a pan, add hing and fennel seeds in oil and let it splutter for a while and then add the dal paste along with salt and sugar. Keep stirring continuously on medium heat as it has a tendency to stick to the bottom.
- Once it is done, add the dry roasted powder, switch off the flame and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl take maida, salt and oil and knead nicely with warm water tightly. Cover the dough with a damp cloth for 30 mins.
- From the dough make lime size balls. Flatten each ball, place some stuffing in the centre and seal the sides nicely and again make it a ball.
- Flatten the balls by rolling them uniformly into flat round discs of 3-4" daimeter.
- Take enough oil in a wok/kadhai for deep frying. Heat the oil and place the radhaballavis one by one. Fry one side till it turns light brown and then flip it over. They would puff like pooris. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with Aloor dum /Dum Aloo and of course with hot and sweet jalebis. N'Joy!!!
|Radhaballavi with Aloor Dum and Jalebis|