Paneer Bhape/Steamed Cottage Cheese In Mustard-Poppy Seed Gravy And HappyToday I am going to post one of my favourite paneer dishes which is not only tasty but quite easy to prepare.This is one of my mom's delicacy. So, I want to dedicate this recipe to my mother on Mother's Day(12th May). This is a traditional Bengali dish and usually a steamed recipe, but my mother does it in a kadhai and so does I. It tastes really awesome. If you wish you can use 1/2 mustard oil and 1/2 white oil. To get rid of the raw smell of mustard, heat the oil till it starts to smoke. In Bengali cuisine, whenever mustard paste is used, cooking in mustard oil gives the real taste and aroma. So try out this mustard flavoured paneer dish. (And don't forget to comment or subscribe! Njoy! )
- Mix together mustard seed paste, poppy seed paste and grated coconut paste with little water.and keep aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadhai/pan and when it starts smoking add the slit green chillies. Next add the mustard-poppyseed-coconut paste, salt, sugar turmeric and chilli powder. Stir nicely and cover for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the paneer/ cottage cheese cubes and mix everything so that the masala gets coated nicely on the paneer pieces.
- Next add very little water and let it cook in simmer covered with a lid till the gravy thickens.
- Stir slowly in between. When oil separates at the sides and the gravy thickens, remove from heat.
- Serve hot with steamed rice. Just enjoy this delicious dish!!