Hot & Sour Chicken Noodle SoupChicken noodle soup is a simple yet hearty meal in itself. I usually fill up my tummy with just the soup. It has Carbs in the form of Noodles, Proteins in the form of Chicken, Vitamins and Minerals from the colourful Veggies and lots of flavour from the garlic, the sauces and stock. It was my daughter's idea to add a simple twist to the flavor-making the stock hot and sour. The slight change brought out an immense change in the flavor of the chicken noodle soup. It was awesome! So, do try it out! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!! Njoy!!)
- Chicken- 200 gm.
- Chicken stock- 4 cups
- Egg/Vegetable noodles- 1 packet
- Soya sauce- 1 tbsp.
- Vinegar- 1 tbsp.
- Red chilli paste- 1 tsp.
- Cornflour- 2 tbsp.
- Ajinomoto- 1/2 tsp. (Optional)
- Vegetables(Carrot, onion, beans, cabbage)- 2 cups(Cut into small pieces)
- Parsley- For sprinkling
- Spring onion- 1 stalk (Chopped finely)
- Water-2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Sugar- 1 tsp.
- Oil- 2 tbsp.
1. Bring a small pan of water to boil and cook the noodles. Drain under cool running water and drizzle some oil to prevent them from sticking.
2. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add garlic and stir.
3. Next add the shredded cabbage, onion , beans, carrot and the shredded chicken. Saute for a minute.
4. Add the chicken stock. To it add, soya sauce, vinegar, chilli paste, salt, pepper and ajinimoto to the stock. Stir and give it a boil.
5. Mix cornflour with 1/2 cup water and add to the soup. Boil the mixture.
6. Cook on low flame for 4-5 mins. till the soup thickens and the raw smell of cornflour disappears.
7. Next I plated the noodles on the dish and serve the hot and sour soup on top of the noodles. You can even mix the noodles with the soup. But it was my daughter's idea of spreading the soup over the noodles.
8. Serve hot garnished with spring onions.