Chicken TikkaAfter yesterday's chicken rezala, my tummy was craving for something dry and tasty. So, I thought of making chicken tikka with simple and fragrant pulao. Boneless chicken pieces are grilled till they turn crispy from outside and tender from inside. To keep the tikkas succulent, chicken is marinated with cream, cheese and eggs and flavoured with ginger and garlic pastes. Vegetables are also inserted into the skewers to make it healthy and colorful. Hope you like it! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!! Njoy!!)
- Boneless chicken- 500 gm. (Cut into 2" pieces)
- Capsicum-1 (Large)
- Tomato-1 (Large-Cut into 1" pieces)
- Onion-1 (Large-Cut into 1" pieces)
- Chaat masala & lemon juice- To sprinkle
- Vinegar- 2 tbsp.
- Ginger-Garlic Paste- 2 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Thick yoghurt- 1/2 cup (Hung for 15 minutes)
- Thick cream- 1/4 cup
- Any type of processed cheese- 30 gm. (Finely grated)
- Egg- 1
- Cornflour- 1 tbsp.
- Green chillies(Chopped) - 1 tbsp. (Optional)
- Coriander leaves- 2 tbsp. (Finely chopped)
1. Wash and pat dry the chicken pieces. Marinate the chicken pieces with the first marinade for 30 mins.
2. Mix the items of the second marinade in a bowl. Marinate the chicken pieces in this mixture for 2-3 hours.
3. Arrange the chicken pieces on greased skewers, with the vegetables in between the chicken pieces.
4. Heat the oven or the gas tandoor. Place the skewers on a grill or a wire rack, brushed with some oil. Grill for 15 mins. turning once in between. Cook till chicken turns tender.
5. Serve hot with rice or rotis. Sprinkle the tikkas with lemon juice or chaat masala. Njoy!!
Note: To cook the tikkas in the oven, place a drip tray under the wire rack on which the tikkas are placed, to collect the drippings.