Peas Pulao In Microwave
In today's generation no one has the time to make a complicated dish. Everyone tries to make their cooking time short and hassle-free.Everyone's helping hand is the microwave. I love making dishes in the microwave as they are easy and take much less time. So, I made this easy one-pot meal-Peas pulao. Fresh green peas in fragrant rice is one of my family's favourite dishes accompanied by some non-veg./veg. gravy and raita. Hope you like it!! Note: Making peas pulao in microwave helps to retain the green colour and crunchiness of the peas. (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!!Njoy!!)
- Basmati Rice / Long grain rice - 1 cup
- Green peas - 3/4 cup
- Onion - 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Ghee / clarified butter - 4 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon - 4 sticks
- Cloves - 4
- Bay leaves - 2
- Green chillies - 3(chopped)
- Salt and sugar - to taste
1. Put ghee in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 secs.
2. Add cumin seeds, cinnamon, cloves, bay leaves, chopped onions and green chillies. Mix them and microwave for 1 min.
3. Now add the cleaned and washed rice, green peas, salt, sugar and 1 3/4 cups of water and mix well.
Microwave covered for 15 mins at 100% power.
4. Stir the pulao in between with a fork.
5. Serve hot immediately with potato curry/ any chicken gravy .