Gujiya-A Sweet Holi SnackI think you have got to know a lot about Holi from my last post. Gujiya is a fried and sweet snack commonly relished during the colorful festival of Holi. I baked my gujiyas to make them healthy and to give them a twist, instead of the conventional frying. You can also dip the gujiyas in sweet sugar syrup, but I kept mine plain. Hope you like them! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe! Njoy!!)
|Putting the gujiya in the mould|
- Maida- 1 cup
- Sooji/Semolina/Rava- 2 tbsp.
- Ghee- 2 tbsp.
- Kismis/raisins - 3 tbsp
- Almonds - 50 gms (cut into thin slices)
- Milk (Normal/Cold)- 1/4 cup
- Khoya/Mawa(For filling)- 50 gms.
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
1. Add sooji, maida, ghee and milk in a bowl and mix well to make soft and firm dough.
2. Put khoya in a deep frying pan and fry to a light brown colour adding sugar, kismis and almonds. Let it cool.
3. Take the dough and roll it out in the size and shape of a poori.
4. Take the mould (for gujiya) and place the rolled out dough in the mould. Add roasted khoya and sugar in the middle. Press and close the mould.
5. Place the moulds on the baking tray. Bake at 180 degrees Centigrade for 30 minutes.