|Idol of Saraswati Ma at our building|
I am sorry, I couldn't write for many days as my relatives had come over for more than a week and I was really busy with them. Yesterday, we had Saraswati Puja at my house. The whole house was full of festivity and fragrant inscence sticks. Happy Saraswati Puja!! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe! Njoy!! )
- Basmati rice-2 cups
- Moong dal- 1 cup
- Green peas- 1/2 cup
- Garam Masala (Whole)-2 tbsp.
- Mace & Nutmeg powder(Jaiphal & Jayitri)- A little
- Ginger paste- 1 tsp
- Cumin paste-1 tsp.
- Whole red chillies-2
- Cashew nuts-2 tbsp.
- Raisins/Kishmish- 2 tbsp.
- Bay leaf/Tej patta-4
- A few cumin seeds
- Sugar and salt to taste
- Ghee- 3 tbsp. (Because it is badshaahi khichdi)
- Water, turmeric powder and red chilli powder- As required
Method:1. Wash the rice properly. Shallow fry the moong dal.
2. Add ghee to a pan. Add the whole red chillies, cumin seeds, by leaves and whole garam masala to the ghee in the pan. Stir.
3. Add the rice and fried dal.Stir well and add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, ginger paste, green peas, salt, cumin paste,cashewnuts and raisins.
4. Mix well. Add water. Once it gets cooked nicely add sugar, ghee, mace and nutmeg powder.
5. Serve hot with beguni (Brinjal fritters) or onion rings. Garnish with ghee. Njoy!!