Yummy Spicy Chilli Mushroom
Do you love mushrooms? Me and my family love it a lot for its fabulous taste. But there's more to mushrooms than its taste, they are fat free, rich in proteins, fiber and vitamins. I also had not had Chinese cuisine for a long time. Some people are allergic to this specific vegetable/fungi, so you can also use paneer/cottage cheese or potatoes instead of the mushrooms. Here's my favorite mushroom dish which is slightly on the spicy side. Hope you like it! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe! Njoy!!)
You can also try: Microwaved Chilli Chicken
- Button mushrooms- 1 packet (200-250 gms)
- Capsicum/Green bell pepper-1 (Large)
- Onion or Spring onion/Scallion whites - 4tbsp (thinly sliced)
- Ginger - 1 tbsp
- Garlic - 1 tbsp
- Green Chilli - 3/4 (finely chopped or slit)
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- Soysauce - 1/2 tbsp
- Vinegar - 1/2 tbsp
- Vegetable stock - 1cup
- Red chilli powder - 2tsp
- Black pepper -1/2 tsp (freshly crushed)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt and sugar to taste
- Spring onions/ Scallion greens - few(for garnishing)
1. Rinse the mushrooms in water and chop them.
2. Heat oil in a kadai/wok and add the onions/ spring onion whites and stir fry them on medium heat till they turn transparent.
3. To the onions add ginger, garlic and the green chillies and fry them for a minute or so.Now add the capsicum and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
4. Next add the chopped mushrooms and stir fry them on medium heat till they start leaving water and turn little brownish. The mushrooms would shrink in size too.
5. The whole mixture should turn dry and the mushrooms brown which would take 7/8 mnutes.
6. Add soya sauce, vinegar, salt, sugar, pepper. If you want a dry version, your Chilli Mushroom is ready.
7. For a gravied and saucy Chilli Mushroom, add water /vegetable stock to the mushroom and let the mixture heat up and simmer.
8. Slowly add the cornflour mixture and keep on stirring. When the sauce turns thick remove from heat. Check the seasonings and add soysauce, salt, pepper sugar if required. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
9. Serve hot with veg fried rice/ plain rice or even goes well with plain rotis. Just N'joy!
|My ingredients and step 2 & 3 .|
|Step 4, 5 & 6. I also added a bit of cornflour-water mixture to make it semi-gravy.|
Sending to : Shama's Fast Food Event : Mushrooms