Spicy Egg Cauliflower Curry (Bengali Style)This egg recipe is an excellent side dish and goes quite well with steamed rice and even with rotis / parathas. This is a very popular and authentic Bengali dish. As eggs are mostly available in our kitchen and when our pantry is mostly empty this quick and simple egg curry can serve as a delicious non- veg dinner/lunch rescue.
Try it out and enjoy!!
|EGG CAULIFLOWER CURRY|
- Eggs - 4
- Potato - 2
- Cauliflower - few florets
- Onion - 1 (large)
- Ginger - 1"
- Garlic - 1 tbsp
- Ripe tomato - 1 (large)
- Turmeric powder - 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder - 1 tbsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tbsp
- Bay leaves - 2
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Oil - 10 tsp
- Salt - to taste
1. Hard boil and peel the eggs. Using a knife make deep long cuts in the flesh so that the masalas get absorbed.
2. Boil the potatoes, peel them and cut into large cubes.
3. Heat oil in a pan and saute the eggs till golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
4. Add the potato cubes and the cauliflower florets and saute them till nicely fried and keep them aside.
5. To the remaining oil add sugar till it turns light brown(adding sugar gives a nice golden colour to the curry). Add bay leaves and onion paste and saute till golden brown.
6. Next add the ginger garlic paste and tomatoes and saute till oil seperates.
7. Add turmeric, red chilli and cumin powder and mix well for 2 mins. Now add the fried potatoes and cauliflower florets andcook till done.
8. Add the eggs, mix nicely and add 1/2 cup of water. Cook for 5-6 mins or when the gravy thickens, sprinkle garam masala powder and add ghee.
9. Remove from heat and serve hot with rice or roti.