Banana Nut CakeThis is a simple banana nut cake recipe that goes perfectly in this cold winter with a hot , steamy morning cup of tea or coffee or as pick-me-up afternoon snack. This is a simple cake which I baked with my daughter yesterday evening. This is a very light and moist cake with the natural sweetness of bananas and the crunchiness of the nuts. You can also serve thick slices drizzled with little chocolate sauce. Try this simple cake, u all would surely love it.
- Egg - 2
- Maida/all purpose flour- 1 cup
- Powdered sugar - 3/4 cup
- Butter - 1/2 cup(100 gms)
- Soda-bi-carb - 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Chopped walnuts - !/4 cup
- Mashed ripe bananas - 2/(1 cup)
1. Cut the bananas into small pieces. Mash with the back of a spoon to make it to a pulp. Keep aside.
2. Sift maida, soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a bowl, beat sugar and butter till light and creamy.
4. Fold in eggs and flour alternately.
5. Fold in mashed bananas and walnuts.
6. Grease and dust a shallow 6"- 8" cake tin.
7. Pour the mixture in the prepared cake tin.
8. Heat oven to 180degree C. Bake the cake for 35 mins or till the cake is baked.(Check by inserting a knife or needle, it should come out clean).
Break 300gms of plain chocolate into small pieces and melt in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water with 1 tbsp butter. Heat 100 ml of milk and pour into the chocolate and then stir it to combine . when it turns little thicker pour hot over the cake pieces,then serve and N'joy.