Tandoori ChickenThis is a low fat chicken recipe packed with full of flavours. It is simple and very easy to make but marination is very important. The more you marinate the more juicier it would be and allows the flavours of the marinade to penetrate the chicken(best if marinated overnight in the fridge).
- 1 Medium sized chicken(800gms) - Cut into 4 to 8 pieces.
- 2 tbsp or juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder, salt to taste
- 1/2 cup thick hung curd( hang 1 cup curd)
- 2 tbsp thick malai or 2 tbsp cream
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- few drops orange red colour
- 1/2 tsp kala namak/ black salt
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp tandoori masala or chat masala
1. Wash, pat dry chicken. Make 2 incisions on breast, thighs and drumsticks.
2. Rub lemon juice,salt and chilli powder on the chicken and keep aside for 1/2 hour.
3. Mix curd, malai, ginger and garlic paste, black sat, garam masala, and colour. Rub the chicken with this mixture. Keep aside for 3-4 hours.
4. Heat the gas tandoor(flame should be minimum) or oven to 180 degree C .Place the chicken on the grill or wire rack (in the oven place a tray underneath the chicken to collect the dripplings).
5. Grill for 15 mins. Brush pieces with oil. Turn pieces and grill for another 10 - 15 mins, till the chicken is dry and well coated. Should be careful enough not to make the chicken blackish and burnt. Sprinkle tandoori or chat masala. Serve hot.