Dimer Dhoka/ Steamed Egg in GravyDhoka in Hindi , means betrayal but this recipe is nothing based on it. Dhoka is a bengali traditional recipe. It is a mixture of pulses. It does taste awesome with jeera rice or roti. So I thought why bore ourselves with normal dalna when we can jazz it up with a little bit of sprinkling of spices and eggs. Hope you enjoy this traditional and easy recipe! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!)
- Onion paste-2-3 tbsp.
- Ginger paste-1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Sugar-1 tbsp.
- Garam masala powder- 1/2 tbsp.
- Small cardamom -3-4
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tbsp.
- Green chillies- 1 tbsp.
- Boiled potatoes- 4-6 pieces(Cut into thin, long pieces)
- Ghee- 1 tbsp.
- Jeera powder- 1-2 tbsp.
- Whole jeera- 1 tbsp.
- Butter- 1 tbsp.
- Oil- According to requirement
Method:1. Beat the eggs and add ginger paste, onion paste and salt.
2. Grease a bowl with butter and add the egg mixture.
3. Steam the egg mixture in the bowl with the lid for 20 mins.
4. When the egg cools cut it in diamond shapes.
5. Heat oil in a pan, fry the egg pieces and keep aside.
6. Now in the oil, add whole jeera. When it starts cracking sauté the potatoes adding salt, sugar. turmeric powder, red chilli powder, green cardamom powder.
7. Stir the spices adding little water. When the water starts boiling add the egg pieces.
8. When the gravy thickens remove from heat and sprinkle ghee on top.