Dhanepata bata diye sheem-er paturi/ Snowpeas with coriander leaves paste smoked in banana leavesThis is a very traditional bengali recipe which is extremely easy to cook and tastes really delicious.
- Sheem/Snow peas - 100 gms
- Poppy seed paste - 4 tsp
- Mustard paste - 3 tsp
- Green chilli - 8-9
- Coconut paste - 1 cup
- Salt and sugar - to taste
- Turmeric powder - little
- Green chilli- coriander leaves paste - 4 tsp
- Coriander leaves (chopped) - 2 tsp
- Mustard oil - 30 ml
- Banana leaf - 6 (cut in squares)
1. Dip the sheem/snowpeas(whole) in boiling water for 5 mins and then keep aside.
2. In a flat dish coat the snow peas with mustard paste,mustard oil and the other ingredients.
3. Place the masala coated sheem (5-6) in the center of each banana leaf. The banana leaves with the snow peas should be folded like a packet and tied with a string.
4. Now coat a steel tiffin box with 5-6 drops of mustard oil and put the banana leaf packets inside the box with the lid closed.
5. Keep the tiffin box in boiling water for 10-12 mins.
6.Take the box out from the hot water and place the banana leaf packets on a platter.
7. It should then be untied and served hot with rice.