Corn Paneer/ Corn Cottage cheese BallsCorn and cheese - both are our all-time favourite. I read this recipe in a Tarla Dalal book but thought of adding paneer to it and making it a bit different. So I tried it out yesterday with hot tea in the evening when some of my friends came and it tasted really awesome.
|Corn Paneer Cheese Balls|
- Paneer/ cottage cheese- 200gms
- Sweet corn -1/2 cup
- Boiled potato -1
- Onion (chopped) - 2tbsp
- Green chilli (chopped) -1 tbsp
- Garlic paste- 1tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chat masala - 1 tsp
- Cheese (grated) -3-4 tbsp
- Maida/Plain flour - 1tbsp
- Eggs - 2
- Breadcrumb - As required
- Salt and sugar - To taste
1. Soak sweet corns in luke warm water and crush them.
2. Mash paneer/ cottage cheese and to it add sweet corn, boiled potato, chopped onions, grated cheese, garlic paste, garam masala powder, chat masala, chopped g. chillies salt and sugar and mix nicely.
3. Make small even sized balls out of the mixture.
4.Mix the flour with egg and some water and make a thin paste and dip the corn balls in the paste.
5. Now roll the balls in breadcrumbs so that they coat nicely and chill for 20 mins.
6. Deep fry the balls till they turn golden brown. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.