Chilli Chicken Footlongs
- 1 loaflong French bread, some butter to spread
- 100 gms pizza cheese - grated
- Tomato Spread:
- 4 flakes garlic - crushed and chopped finely
- 1/2 tsp red chilli paste
- 3/4 cup ready made tomato puree
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp oregano(dried)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp oil Chilli chicken topping:
- 1 boneless chicken breast (100- 150 gms)- cut into tiny 1/2" pieces
- 1/4 tsp red chilli paste
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- pinch of ajinomoto(optional0
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 tbsp cornflour/ maida
- oil for frying
- 1 small onion- chopped
- 1 small capsicum - chopped
- For salami footlings, use prepared chicken or mutton salamis instead of preparing chilli chicken
1. Tomato Spread:
Heat oil. Reduce heat. Add garlic. Stir and add chilli paste, tomato puree and sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add oregano. Remove from heat.
2. Chilli Chicken Topping:
In a bowl marinate tiny pieces of chicken with chilli paste, soya sauce, salt, pepper and ajinomoto for 1/2 hour.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai. Drain the extra marinade from chicken pieces. Sprinkle flour and fry on medium heat till crisp and light brown.
4. Cut the French loaf horizontally into half. Slightly butter the top and the sides and place on a baking tray. Heat oven to 200 degreeC and grill or bake for 5-7 mins till slightly crisp. Remove tray from the oven. Keep the oven hot.
5. Mix the fried chicken pieces, capsicum and onions in only1tbsp tomato spread and keep aside.
6. Assemble: Spread some tomato spread on the grilled footlong in the tray. Sprinkle cheese on the tomato spread. Spread chilli chicken, chopped capsicum and onions.
7. Place the tray back in the oven(210degreeC). Grill till cheese melts. Serve hot on a bed of lettuce and chilli flakes and mustard sauce.