Nutrela Soya Fritters- The Tarla Dalal VersionWell , I was going through one of Tarla Dalal's cookbooks a few days ago. I saw a cool recipe of Egg pakodas. So, I thought why not make a few changes and make the same thing. Just instead of egg I used soya chunks. It tasted sinful. On Saturdays, I am vegetarian and this recipe comes handy every time. It is a perfect tea time snack. Oh! What fun to have soya pakodas with a hot cup of tea on a cool, rainy day! So, Njoy! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!)
- Nutrela or soya chunks cut into small pieces- 4 cups
- Cornflour- 1/2 cup
- Baking soda- 4 spoons
- Onion paste- 1 cup
- Ginger paste- 1/2 cup
- Garlic paste- 2 tsp.
- Soya sauce- 4 tsp.
- Tomato sauce- 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder- 2 tsp.
- 1 boiled potato- small
- Gram flour (Besan)- 1/2 cup
- Coriander paste- 1/2 cup
- Cucumber- Diced
- Tomato- Diced
1. Boil the soya chunks and chop them into fine pieces. Keep aside.
2. Now marinate the soya chunks with cornflour, baking soda, onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste and coriander paste.
3. With the other ingredients add soya sauce , tomato sauce, chilli powder and salt and marinate the pieces nicely.
4. Cover the dish and keep for 10 minutes for the marinade to be absorbed.
5. After this, coat the soya pieces in gram flour and boiled potato mixture mixed with 1 cup of water.
6. Heat oil in a pan and take the mixture and make small balls (laddoos) and fry the pieces.
7. There, your nutrela soya fritters (pakodas) are ready to be served and eaten. Garnish with ketchup and coriander.