Kadhai ChickenCrushed coriander seeds add the crunch to this particular chicken dish, whereas shredded ginger and dry fenugreek greens impart their flavour to the chicken. This is an absolutely fantastic dish which goes with naan, rotis, any type of rice- shortly, with anything you want. So, what are you waiting for? In this Durga Puja, not only will your family worship the Mahishasurmardini Durga but also the magic in your hands-the food you make. So, Njoy!! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!)
- 1 chicken (700-800gms)- cut into 8 pieces
- 1 onion - chopped finely
- 1 whole pod or 15-20 flakes garlic-crushed and chopped
- 3" piece ginger- finely shredded
- 1/2 cup green coriander-chopped
- 4-6 whole,dry, red chillies
- 2 tbsp. saboot dhania (coriander seeds
- 2 green chillies- sliced lengthways
- 1/2 kg (6-7) large tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 tbsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 4-5 tbsp. or 100 gm. cream
1. Clean and cut chicken into 8 pieces. Wash well and pat dry on a clean kitchen towel.
2. Heat red chillies on a tawa till slightly crispy and dry.
3. Pound red chillies and saboot dhania to a coarse powder.
4. Heat oil in a kadhai. Reduce flame. Add onion. Cook till light brown.
5. Add crushed garlic and sauté over medium heat until light brown.
6. Add pounded saboot dhania and red chillies, and stir for 30 seconds. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté for about half a minute.
7. Add 1/2 of the ginger and 1/2 of the coriander leaves. Reduce the heat and let tomatoes simmer until soft. Add a bit of salt.
8. Add the chicken, cook on low flame with the lid covered, stirring occasionally, till the chicken is tender, or add 1/2 cup water and pressure cook to give 1 whistle and keep on low heat for 1 minute.
9. Add kasoori methi and garam masala.
10. Uncover and stir fry until oil separates. Add the cream and cook till the masala coats the chicken. Remove from fire.
11. Garnish with the remaining ginger, sliced chillies and coriander leaves.