Hot Garlic Chicken- The Hottest Dish Ever!This is an authentic, yet easy-to-prepare Chinese dish which will no doubt be loved by others. When you feel life is getting boring just add a bit of zing and spice to it. Make this scrumptious chicken dish and get blown away. Hot garlic chicken is hot, finger- licking good and just perfect to set the mood of any party. So, Njoy!! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!)
- 1 chicken- cut into 10-12 pieces
- 2 tbsp. crushed and chopped garlic
- 2-4 dried, red chillies- de-seeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp. red chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 tbsp. soya sauce
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 2 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 2 tbsp. tomato purée
- 2 tsp. cornflour
- 2 spring onions-cut diagonally into thin long strips
- 4-5 tbsp. oil
- 3-4 green chillies-chopped
1. Marinate chicken pieces with salt, pepper and chilli paste.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Add garlic and red chillies. Stir till it slightly changes colour.
3. Add the chicken pieces. Cook on high flame till the chicken pieces slightly change colour and turn light brown.
4. Add 3/4 cup water and pressure cook to give 2 whistles. Remove from fire.
5. Collect soya sauce, vinegar, ketchup, tomato purée and cornflour in a bowl.
6. Open the lid of the pressure cooker by putting cold water on the cover.
7. Return the cooker to fire and dry the excess water slightly.
8. Add the collected sauces. Stir fry till the chicken is coated and dry.
9. Add the spring onions and green chillies. Serve hot.
Tip: You can also add a handful of chopped jalapeños to add to the zing and hotness!