Chocolate cake with rich Chocolate frosting
Chocolate cake- One of the basics of baking . But the frostings and moistness matter the most. The cake should be firm enough so that it does not crumble while cutting. Well my frosting is very rich so those who are dieting, restrict yourself to this cake. The creamy and delicious frosting will be enjoyed by all. Birthdays, parties,dances- This is the perfect sweet dish. Njoy! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!)
Ingredients For Chocolate Cake:
- 4 eggs
- 11/2 cup maida or plain flour
- 2 tsp level baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 11/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup oil
- pinch of soda-bicarb
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 slabs(40 gms each) of dark chocolate(Bournville)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp (level) icing sugar
- 1/4 cup milk / thin cream
1. For the cake , sift maida, cocoa, baking powder and soda.Keep aside.
2. Beat eggs and sugar with an egg beater or hand mixer until white and frithy and the volume increases by 4 times.
3. Add oil gradually, beating all the while. Add vanilla essence. Mix well.
4. Fold in the maida, using a wooden or metal spoon by cut and fold method. Mix gently. Add maida in 2-3 batches.
5. Grease and dust an 8" cake tin. Transfer the prepared mixture to the greased tin.
6. Heat oven to 200 degree. Bake the cake for 35-45 mins. or till the cake is baked. Check by inserting a knife.
7. Remove from oven. Unmould and cool on a cake rack for frosting.
8. For the frosting, break the chocolate pieces. Place in a small saucepan over boiling water until chocolate melts.
9. Stir in the icing sugar, milk or cream. Remove from heat, beat till smooth.
10. Cut the cake into half. Spread some of the frosting over the lower layer of the base cake, place the top half back on the frosting. Press gently.
11. Spread the remaining over the top and sides of the cake. Coat well. Decorate the cake with chocolate curls and fresh mint sprigs.