Aam Sondesh Malai/ Mango Sweet Dish With CreamThe festive season is not yet over. After the Pujas, in Bijoya Dashami many relatives and friends visited my house with loads of sweets from Gouri Mishtanna Bhandar, Banchharam, Balaram And Radharaman Mullick, Hindusthan Sweets and that summed up to a lot of sweets! My fridge was filled with boxes of dry, and my least favourite "sondesh". Neither does my husband like them nor does my daughter. So, I thought of making this particular dessert.
|AAM SONDESH MALAI|
Well guess what it turned out to be a great success! You can try it out at home and I'm sure you'll like it! So, Njoy!! (And don't forget to comment or subscribe!)
- Leftover Sondesh in the fridge- 5-6
- Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp.
- Pistachio/Nuts- 2 tbsp.(Chopped)
- Aamsotto (Aam Papad)- A few pieces
- Milk- 500 ml.
- Cornflour- 1 tbsp.
- Sugar- According to taste
- Rose petals- Optional(For garnishing)
1. Mash all the leftover sondesh nicely.
2. Add cardamom powder and chopped nuts/pistachios to the mashed sondesh mixture and make small balls out of them.
3. Take a thin slice of aamsotto. Put a small ball of sondesh mixture on the aamsotto and roll it. Store in fridge for an hour or so.
4. Heat milk till thick. Mix cornflour with a little bit of milk and add it to the thickened milk. Add sugar, according to taste.
5. Arrange the aamsotto rolls in a platter and pour thickened milk all over them. Garnish with rose petals and serve. Enjoy!