Chicken Mayonnaise SaladVegetables used for salads with chicken should be fresh and crunchy. To make the salad look attractive, remember to cut the vegetables, fruits and chicken-- all in the same shape and size. When you boil chicken for salads, preferably take chicken with skin as this keeps the chicken moist. After boiling, the skin is discarded and the chicken is flaked to get shreds. The dressing can be prepared well in advance but the vegetables and chicken should generally be tossed together in the dressing just a little time before serving. This keeps the salad crunchier and fresher.
(Chicken and pineapple tit-bits go well together)
- 2 chicken breasts- boiled and shredded
- 11/2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp thick cream
- 4-5 slices of pineapple- tinned
- 2 hard boiled eggs and lettuce leaves to garnish.
- Mix mayonnaise and cream
- Squeeze the pineapple slices well to remove the excess syrup. Chop into small pieces.
- Add shredded chicken and chopped pineapple to the mayonnaise. Mix.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Add more pepper and mustard if required.
- Arrange lettuce all around a shallow dish. Pour the salad. Garnish with hard boiled eggs cut into circles into four.
- Serve chilled.