Gobhi Musallam in microwaveThis recipe is an eye-opener for sceptics who think that a microwave oven is used only to reheat food and at best can cook Continental dishes. Microwave oven saves time and labour, more so if you are busy pursuing a career of your own.It allows you to relive the joys of cooking without the drudgery. This recipe is not overly greased and spicy and sits well in the stomach.
2 small cauliflowers
2tbsp ginger-garlic paste
2tbsp tomato puree
1/2tbsp red chilli
1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
1/4 tbsp garam masala
1/2tbsp coriander powder
few coriander leaves
1. Place cauliflowers with 1/2 tbsp of salt and 1 cup of water and microwave for 5 mins at 100% power for blanching. Drain and wash in cold water.
2. Marinate with lime juice and salt and keep it aside for 15-20 mins.
3. Place oil, grated onions and ginger garlic paste in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 5 mins. at 100% power.
4. Add tomato puree, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Microwave for 4 mins at 100% power.
5. Fill masala in the marinated cauliflower with the help of a fork.
6. Place cauliflower with rest of masala in baking tray in preheated oven in combi cook for 10-15 mins. till top layer becomes brown.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves . Serve with parathas/nan.