Chicken and Mushroom CasseroleThis recipe though continental in origin will be relished by the Indian palates as it has been wonderfully twisted, keeping the Indian taste in mind. All ingredients used are easily available and the recipe is quick and simple to prepare.
Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
(Chicken served with mushrooms and topped with white sauce, crisp bread crumbs and cheese)
- 400gms - boiled and shredded chicken(1 cup)
- 200gms mushrooms- chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 4tbsp dry bread crumbs
- 3tbsp butter
- 3tbsp maida
- 3 cheese cubes(30 gms)
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2tbsp red chilli powder(optional)
- 3 cups milk
1. Melt butter in a heavy bottomed pan. Add onion and cook till it turns transparent.
2.Add mushrooms.Stir for 2 mins.
3. Sprinkle maida. Stir continuously for a minute on low flame. Remove from fire.
4. Add the milk, stirring continuously. Return to the fire. Cook, stirring continuously till it coats the back of the spoon.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Add chicken and simmer for a minute.
8. Transfer to a baking dish.
9. Just before baking, sprinkle bread crumbs.
10. Bake for about 20-30 mins in a hot oven till the dish gets browned.
11. Serve hot with buttered toasts.