Sunday Special-Alu Posto
Home-made Alu Posto-Yummy!!A perfect Bengali Sunday- lunch consisting of potatoes basted in heavenly gravy ready to blend into your tastebuds and enchant them. So, are you ready?? Get, Set, Ready, Eat!! :D
- 2 green chilies
- 5-6 medium potatoes
- 50 gms of Posto Poppy seeds (Khaskhas/Posto)-- 5-6 heaped tbsp of the Poppy seeds or Posto bata
- PacnchPhoron comprising 1/4 tea spoon black cummin seeds (kalonji) , 1/4 teasppon methi seeds , 1. tbsp fennel seed (saunf) and 1/2 teaspoon cummin powder(jeera) alongwith 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp pur ghee
- 1 tbsp mustard oil
- 4 tblsp poppy seeds(Khuskhus)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp onion seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tblsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1/4 tbsp each of turmeric powder , coriander powder, red chilli powder , salt and water
- Coriander leaves
- Take little bit of water in a mixer grinder.
- Take aroud 50 gms of Posto Poppy seeds (Khaskhas/Posto) ~ 5-6 heaped tbsp of the Poppy seeds paste or posto bata (finely grinded posto into paste) and mix it .
- You would need Pachhphoron comprising 1/4 tea spoon black cumin seeds (kalonji) ,1/4 teaspoon methi seeds ,1/2 teaspoon fennel seed (saunf) and 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder (jeera powder) alongwith 1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Take 500 gms (4-6 nos) of Alu (Potatoes) and cut in small square shape and pre-boil for 5 minutes in a microwave/12 minutes in bowl.
- Take litlle mustard oil (1/2 table spoon) in a frying pan preferably non-stick skillet and fry the cut potatoes until golden red ans seaparely in into a bowl.
- Take a liitle bit of oil and once heated , add all the ingredients of paanch phoran as stated above.
- Add 1/2 cup chopped onion and saute it to golden brown.Add ginger-garlic paste (1 table spoon) and saute it for 2-3 minutes.Add 1/4 tea spoon each of turmeric powder, corriander powder, red chilli powder, salt and water.
- Then , take the earlier grinded paste form of posto , salt to taste and saute it for 10 minutes in medium heat.
- Mix well.
- Put in 1/2 cup of water and keep it cooking in covered for 2-3 minutes.
- Once the water and condiments gets soaked in and it is geeting semi dried up , take it oy for serving.
- Remove from flame and Garnish with coriander leaves and Green Chillies and put little ghee on top of it and serve hot with white Basmati rice